Monday, August 15, 2011

And the "new dog" is gone, not such a wonderful start to the week.

The new dog, Chief, lasted all about 3 days in our house.  He was a sweet-heart and I have now been sold on Newfoundlands, however him and Lola did not get along.  Maybe it was because he was an unneutered male, or maybe it was just him, but everytime any of the girls or I were near Lola or showing her the least bit of attention he would attack.  And by attack I do mean biting and pinning her to the ground until I could pull her off screaming.  The girls even got caught in the middle a few times.  So, after this happened for the 6th or 7th (or 10th, I lost count) time during dinner Saturday night we took him back.  Ada and Maddie were besides themselves with crying and screaming that they loved him, but we just couldn't have Lola going through that.  The girls of course did not understand completely, and even the promise of a puppy would not sooth them.  When we went to the new Orange Leaf in town they calmed down a bit, but were still sad.  However, when everyone woke up Sunday morning they seemed fine, so noone is the worse for the wear, except for maybe poor Lola who is still yelping when we pet the bite marks on the back of her neck.

Today has been pretty laid back.  I still have not been able to get myself out of bed to do work or work out before the kids wake up, but we have started to read again after breakfast.  I really need to get myself and the girls on a better schedule that will lend itself to our homeschooling officially beginning in 2 weeks (yicks!).  This morning wasn't too bad, however.  The girls and I did some chores before breakfast, then read some and then the older two played their new learning game online.  I bought a subscription to Reading Eggs for both Maddie and Ada through the deal they currently having going with Homeschool Co-Op and so far the girls love it!  Of course they are only a couple of lessons in, but even if it doesn't truly work to teach them how to read it will be a fun game and a nice "between lessons" activity for one of the girls while the other is working on something with me one-on-one.

This afternoon I have been cranky though, with no children napping (and my capacity for ignoring the running around over my head not being the best today) and my own lack of being able to do work this afternoon, I am not the best one to deal with right now.  Of course that didn't keep me from doing something to try to better my mood this afternoon, besides working.  I saw yesterday that hip homeschool moms asked about blogs on a status update on facebook yesterday, so I went in and looked at the links this afternoon.  And I added a ton of blogs to my already long blogs list to the right.  That's okay though.  Always looking for new ideas and to see how other people are doing, especially since we don't have any friends who homeschool (well, I do have one, but she lives 2.5 hours away).

Maybe tomorrow will be better for moods and schedules.  Though that might not happen since I have to have two cavaties fixed tomorrow.  Yuck, I hate the dentist!  I wish my mouth wasn't so stupid with cavaties and such.  I take fairly good care of my teeth and my mouth, it just doesn't like me :-(  So, maybe Wednesday will be a better day?  Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment